By enrolling in a course on CIS, you are joining a special worldwide community of learners. CIS depends upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty. In order to participate in CIS, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional terms specific to a class. This Honor Code, and any additional terms, will be posted on each class website.
All students participating in the class must agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will register for only one account.
- My answers to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any solutions provided by the course staff or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve my results, or improve or hurt the results of others.
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess student performance.
CHANGING THE HONOR CODE
Please note that we review and may make changes to this Honor Code from time to time. Any changes to this Honor Code will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Honor Code and any changes contained therein. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Honor Code.