About this Course
The course is intended to provide students with a foundational guide to the history of Poorvottar Bharat (North-East India) since the ancient times till the outbreak of the Islamic invasions and the coming of the British. It will focus on diverse aspects of the history and culture of each of the eight states of Poorvottar Bharat, and the cultural and civilizational unity they share with the rest of Bharatvarsha. It is also intended to equip students with certain basic skills including individual and group work, project research, seminar presentations, and essay writing.
Duration: 2 months
Lecture: 90 minutes
Frequency: Twice a Week
Medium: Bilingual (English/Hindi)
Delivery: Online through CIS Course Platform
Timings: Will be decided after discussion with Enrolled Students
Enrollment Last Date: 28th May 2022
Course Start Date : 03rd June 2022
Limited scholarships are available. Interested candidates can apply here: https://forms.gle/27tJHCGEZLB9JTd36
Contact Details: email@example.com
What You’ll Learn
• To enable students develop a holistic approach with respect to the history of Poorvottar Bharat.
• To help them understand the chequered past of this region in order to make sense of the present-day state of affairs.
• To cultivate their interest in the culture, traditions, festivals, and food habits of the people of Poorvottar Bharat.
• To help them understand and appreciate the contributions made by the people from this region of the country in our freedom struggle.
• To increase awareness of the youth on various important socio-political issues facing the region.
What You’ll Get
• Live and interactive lectures with Instructor(s) twice a week.
• Special guest interactions with external experts to get comprehensive perspective.
• Reference materials like articles, online discussions and links to books and videos.
• Quizzes which will make you learn faster and more thoroughly.
• Indus University Certificate to certify that you have gone through and passed this course.
• An opportunity to work on various Indian Knowledge System (sponsored by Ministry of Education) projects to meritorious students.
|Unit I: History & Culture of Pragjyotishpur/Kamarupa (Assam)|
|1.1. Pragjyotisa in the Mahabharata||00:00:00|
|1.2. Tradition of the Ramayana in Assam||00:00:00|
|1.3. Kamarupa: A Centre of Spiritual and Cultural Unity||00:00:00|
|1.5. British Period: Role of Assam in the Freedom Struggle||00:00:00|
|1.6. Festivals of Assam||00:00:00|
|Unit II- History & Culture of Manipur & Tripura|
|2.1. History of Kangleipak/Sanaleibak (Manipur)||00:00:00|
|2.2. Manipur in the Indian Freedom Struggle||00:00:00|
|2.3. History of Tripura||00:00:00|
|Unit III- History & Culture of Meghalaya, Lushai Pahar/Mizoram, & Nagaland|
|3.1. History of Meghalaya||00:00:00|
|3.2. History of Nagaland||00:00:00|
|3.3. History of Lushai Pahar/Mizoram||00:00:00|
|3.4. Festivals of Meghalaya||00:00:00|
|3.5. Festivals of Nagaland and Mizoram||00:00:00|
|Unit IV- History & Culture of Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim|
|4.1. History of Arunachal Pradesh||00:00:00|
|4.2. History of Sikkim||00:00:00|
|4.3. Culture & Religion of Arunachal Pradesh||00:00:00|
|4.4. Culture and Religion of Sikkim||00:00:00|
|Unit V- Traditional Games of Poorvottar Bharat|
|5.2. Manipur and Tripura||00:00:00|
|5.3. Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Nagaland||00:00:00|
|5.4. Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim||00:00:00|