Introduction to Hinduism
About the Course
This course provides an in-depth introduction to Hinduism, one of the largest religions in the world, and the largest surviving pagan-polytheistic tradition, followed by over a billion people. The influence of Hinduism on the world is deeper than it seems at first look. Enriched with a profound pluralistic view, Hinduism emphasizes that the Truth is One but has many paths. Yet, despite its universality, Hinduism remains the most misunderstood of the world’s major religions, partly because of its antiquity and the vast extent of its teachings.
Acknowledging the importance of the religion and its growing influence globally, David Frawley has addressed the prime teachings of Hinduism, its role in India, its place in the information age. The Course is in a form of question and answers where most of the burning questions about the origin, identity and practices of Hinduism are answered lucidly. This course will help anyone understand the spiritual heritage of humankind and the place of India among the greatest civilizations of the world, ancient and modern. David Frawley also talks about how Hindus can overcome the challenges confronting them today and communicate their diverse tradition more effectively.
Important note: This is a self paced course. Here, you can access the videos as per your convenience, from anywhere, any time. No regular live sessions by the instructor will be happening that you have to attend in allotted time and date.
What You’ll Learn
• You’ll learn the origin and goals of Hindu Dharma. You will come to know about the Nature of the Divine in Hindu Dharma and how it is different from Prophetic Monotheistic Religions. You will also know about the most fundamental and defining principles of Hindu Dharma.
• You’ll learn about the various aspects of Hindu Dharma, such as Yoga and meditation. You will also learn about the philosophy of Hindu Dharma and will get to understand the concepts of Vedanta and Advaita. You’ll get to know the meaning of mantras and rituals, the meaning of Sanskrit and the importance of temples and pilgrimage in Hindu Dharma.
• Though it is one of the largest religions in the world, very few can exactly define Hindu Dharma. you’ll learn in this course, how to define Hindu Dharma and its various aspects including its scriptures, knowledge traditions and deity forms.
• You’ll learn the relation between religion, tradition and spirituality in Hindu Dharma and whether it is relevant for the modern life and modern world. You’ll get the answer to one of the most pertinent questions in modern times: are all religions the same?
• Finally, you’ll learn Hindu Dharma in context of the civilizational order of the world. You’ll learn how the Hindu society functions and what is its take on economics, ecology and women. You’ll learn how Hindu Dharma is perceived and what to do about the problems which the Hindu Dharma faces today.
|Lesson 1 - What is Hindu Dharma?|
|Welcome : Lesson 1||00:00:00|
|1.1 – Origin and Goals of Hindu Dharma||00:00:00|
|1.2 – Nature of the Divine – 1||00:00:00|
|1.3 – Nature of the Divine – 2||00:00:00|
|1.4 – Principles of Hindu Dharma – 1||00:00:00|
|1.5 – Principles of Hindu Dharma – 2||00:00:00|
|1.6 – Principles of Hindu Dharma – 3||00:00:00|
|Quiz 1 – Introduction to Hinduism||Unlimited|
|Lesson 2 - Aspects of Hinduism|
|Welcome : Lesson 2||00:00:00|
|2.1 – What is Yoga?||00:00:00|
|2.2 – Different kinds of Yoga||00:00:00|
|2.3 – Meditation||00:00:00|
|2.4 – Vedanta, Advaita and Self Inquiry||00:00:00|
|2.5 – Mantras and Sanskrit||00:00:00|
|2.6 – Importance of Rituals||00:00:00|
|2.7 – Temples and Pilgrimage||00:00:00|
|2.8 – Sanskrit||00:00:00|
|Quiz 2 – Introduction to Hinduism||Unlimited|
|Lesson 3 - Defining Hinduism|
|Welcome: Lesson 3||00:00:00|
|3.1 – Sanatana Dharma and Hinduism||00:00:00|
|3.2 – Sacred Scriptures||00:00:00|
|3.3 – Knowledge Traditions||00:00:00|
|3.4 – Deity Forms||00:00:00|
|3.5 – Tantra||00:00:00|
|Quiz 3 – Introduction to Hinduism||Unlimited|
|Lesson 4 - Religion and Spirituality|
|Welcome: Lesson 4||00:00:00|
|4.1 – Religion and Tradition||00:00:00|
|4.2 – Religion and Spirituality||00:00:00|
|4.3 – Hinduism in the Modern World||00:00:00|
|4.4 – Are all Religions the Same?||00:00:00|
|4.5 – Prophets vs. Avataras||00:00:00|
|4.6 – Is there a Hindu View of Conversion?||00:00:00|
|Quiz 4 – Introduction to Hinduism||Unlimited|
|Lesson 5 - Hinduism and Civilisation Issues|
|Welcome: Lesson 5||00:00:00|
|5.1 – Hindu View of Civilization||00:00:00|
|5.2 – Hindu View of Economics, Ecology, Gender and Food||00:00:00|
|5.3 – Foundations of Caste System||00:00:00|
|5.4 – What is Hindu activism||00:00:00|
|5.5 – Perceptions of Hinduism||00:00:00|
|Quiz 5 – Introduction to Hinduism||Unlimited|
169 STUDENTS ENROLLED